Blockchain adoption moving quite a bit faster than expected, study indicates (VentureBeat)
France’s Central Bank Details its First Blockchain Test (CoinDesk)
Microsoft To Launch Asia’s First Blockchain Consortium In Taiwan (ETHNews)
There are now Certified Ethereum Developers on its Blockchain (CryptoCoinsNews)
The History of Casper — Chapter 4 (Medium)
Visa and Mastercard Team Up to Accelerate the Adoption of Tokens to Benefit Merchants and Consumers (Coinspeaker)
Barclays gets into the nuts and bolts of Smart Contract Templates (InternationalBusinessTimes)
US execs lack blockchain savvy reveals research (GlobalCustodian)
China Outpaces New York, Silicon Valley in Fintech, Future of Bitcoin (Cryptocoinsnews)
How to spot a half-baked blockchain (BraveNewCoin)
IBM’s First Connect-a-Thon to Build Ecosystem on its Blockchain (CoinTelegraph)
Coinbase Customer Files Motion To Block IRS From Accessing User Info (Forbes)
Blockchain in 2017: The Year of Smart Contracts (PCMag)
10 Non-Blockchain Books To Help You Understand The Blockchain (BlockGeeks)
Can we Self-Regulate “ICO” Hype in crypto’s Wild-West? (Medium)
Electron is trying to sell a blockchain makeover to the UK’s energy sector (Tech Crunch)
PolkaDot Brings Multiple Blockchains into One Network by Unlocking Scalability and Extensibility (BitcoinPRBuzz)
CoinDesk’s Most Influential People in Blockchain 2016 (CoinDesk)
The future of ICO funding on the Blockchain (Reddit)
Shaking Up The Music Industry With The Blockchain (ETHNews)
U.K. Startup Seeks to Move Energy Sector to Blockchain-Based Infrastructure (CryptoCoinsNews)
Deloitte Survey: Blockchain Reaches Beyond Financial Services With Some Industries Moving Faster (itBusinessNet)
Ethereum: The Little Long (Medium)
The psychology behind ICO funding (Medium)
Blockchain Promises Banks A Lot, But Full Benefits Will Be Long-Term (CryptoCoinsNews)
Stolen Altcoins Trailed in Augur & Ethereum Hack Investigation (CoinTelegraph)
Smart Contracts: 12 Use Cases For Business And Beyond (CryptoCoinsNews)
IS THIS BLOCKCHAIN VOTING SYSTEM BY NYU DEVS THE SOLUTION TO RUSSIA ELECTION MEDDLING? (Hacked)
Relax Lawyers, Nick Szabo Says Smart Contracts Won’t Kill Jobs (CoinDesk)
Andreessen Horowitz And Union Square Ventures Invest $10 Million In New Digital Assets Hedge Fund (Forbes)
The Next Phase of the Blockchain is About Business and Innovation (StartupManagement)
South Korea Sees its First Blockchain Consortium (CryptoCoinsNews)
The History of Casper – Chapter 2 (Ethereum Blog)
What Happened to the Financial Blockchain Revolution (Bloomberg)
Charlie Shrem Launches Investment Fund On Ethereum (BitcoinChaser)
Austria’s Erste Bank Awards Ethereum Projects in Startup Contest (CoinDesk)
From Evan’s Newsletter:
- Vitalik released his Sharding FAQ.
- Automated bug bounty framework for Ethereum projects
- Interview with vDice founder
- I got a chance to talk with some of the VirtuePoker guys this week. I think there’s a decent chance this will be the first big dapp.
- Credsign – censorship-resistant publishing. See also Reddit thread.
- Peer lending/ROSCA dapp WeTrust is looking for marketers. Their Pitchdeck was quite interesting.
- Branche unveils a twist in crowdsale mechanics: the pre-sale pledge. They have a normal structure: 15% bonus week 1, 10% week 2, etc, but if you pledge 10 Ether before the sale begins (in under 24 hours — at midnight on Monday), then you get a 20% bonus regardless of when you later send your ether.
- Kudos to Branche for putting particular effort into their crowdsale mechanics. It will be very interesting to see how much they raise, given that probably many in the community haven’t interacted with the payday loan industry.
- Block CDN has raised 95k USD at the moment. Reddit discussion.
- WSJ: How Blockchain Might Be Used in Compliance
- GoldmanSachs is seeking blockchain patents
Check out Evan’s blog here
Bitcoin Powerhouse Will Pull the Plug on Bitcoin (Wall Street Journal)
Is a blockchain token a security? (Coinbase)
The History of Casper — Chapter 1 (Ethereum Blog)
My guide to securing your digital life (Medium)
Blockchain has the potential to revolutionize the supply chain (Tech Crunch)